If you had to name five top values, what would they be and why?
I’m back at work, defining what I offer through my readings practice, my vision for the world, and, importantly, what I value most. Here are ten more qualities that made the top thirty:
- ACCEPTANCE – Life doesn’t always go the way we think it should go and the sooner we surrender to how it is actually going, the closer we get to being truly happy and achieving our heart’s desire.
- SELF-KNOWLEDGE – Sometimes what we think we want is not what we really want. It’s worth making the effort to discover what we really want, what we really feel and what we really think.
- JOY – I used to think joy was a luxury I had to defer until things turned out the way I thought they should. Somewhere along the line, I learned that even momentary joy can be its own reward.
- MODERATION – Too much of even a good thing can be bad: and that includes things like espresso, exercise, raw food, attachment parenting and “spiritual”-ness.
- PARADOX – When two things that are completely opposite seem to be true at the same time, you can tear your hair out. Or you can recognize the fingerprint of a higher order.
- DISCOVERY – One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned through reading cards for so many clients is that sometimes we are not meant to simply know, we are meant to actively discover.
- MYSTERY – And then there are the times we are just not meant to know.
- FULFILLMENT – I have often been guilty of postponing the fulfillment of a desire because I was so attached to wanting it. But because getting what you want is such a good step towards knowing who you are, I’ve gotten much better at the fulfillment part.
- HEALING- There’s a difference between fixing something and healing it. Sometimes healing requires letting go of the person you have been to become someone else entirely. Scary but powerful. And why some people just don’t heal.
- IMPERFECTION – Because perfect would be so boring.